Join the PLASA Community
PLASA is an international trade association with offices in Europe and North America. Our network of companies and individuals supply creative technologies and innovative services to the event, entertainment, film and installation industries worldwide.
The Association helps its members by providing solutions, guiding the industry and facilitating business growth. The association encourages knowledge sharing and best practice and aims to ensure that PLASA membership is a badge of accreditation.
PLASA lobbies on behalf of its members to ensure the industry is fully represented and championed on issues of concern. The Association plays a major role in the development of standards and directives worldwide to promote best practice and safe working conditions.
The National Rigging Certificate (NRC), developed by PLASA in conjunction with the rigging community is widely acknowledged as the industry benchmark for competence within entertainment rigging, has been reinforced by the launch of the PLASA Trainee Rigger Scheme in 2015 which provides a standardised route of entry for those seeking a career within the rigging industry.
Joining the PLASA Skills certification suite this year is the National Event Lifting Certificate which was launched to sit alongside the NRC as a qualification of competence for people carrying out rigging as part of their duties but are not required to work at height’
PLASA owns and manages the PLASA Show and PLASA Focus events, and publishes industry leading magazines LSi and LSA.
Become a member of PLASA to enjoy many benefits including:
- International network - members work in partnership to raise standards, improve skills and strengthen the live entertainment technology industry
- Advice and support – from industry technical to day-to-day business
- Exclusive discounts - supporting members through our commercial divisions to help grow their businesses
- Tailored services and benefits – including specialist insurance, VAT reclaim, foreign currency and shipping
- PLASA branding and profile – show commitment to the highest standard
- Guidance on future industry developments – keep up to date with market changes and influencers
By joining PLASA you will become a part of an established community, supporting initiatives that help the whole industry whilst benefiting from a range of bespoke services. Membership fees start at £155 per year for freelancers and £550 for businesses.